Hi everyone. What I'm about to ask of you is, as I said in the title, totally bananas. In a couple of hours, a local filmmaker is coming to our house to film an interview with Julie and I. He will then make a teaser for a documentary he wants to film about Ryan's adoption story. Yes. That's really what I said. Please pray that if God wants this film to be made for His glory, He will open that door.
This filmmaker is hoping to use the teaser he will shoot tonight along with a fundraising website called "Kickstarter" to raise the funds necessary for himself and his sound guy to make the film. He hopes to interview people all over the globe (via Skype or something like it) who have been praying for and advocating for Ryan since he was a wee lad, travel with us to film the fundraisers that our friends are doing to help cover the cost of Ryan's adoption, and even to travel with us to Eastern Europe for when we first meet Ryan.
His goal is to make a film that advocates for adoption and highlights the lengths that our all-powerful, totally loving God will go to in order to place his children in families. This could really happen!!! I take great comfort and get super excited about the fact that this is not a film about Julie and I...but about the JOY of adoption and the GOD that first adopted us. So...pray that if God wants this film to be made, he'll provide the funding for it to happen. The teaser could be online in the next week or so. We'll keep you posted!
-Chris
Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! I am so happy Ryan found a family! I cant wait to follow along on your blog to see how blessed he truly will be! Praying for your family!
ReplyDeleteBe Blessed!
Stephanie @
theshortonescookingblog.blogspot.com
That is amazing!! SOOO amazing!! :D
ReplyDelete