Today my friend Linda told me about this song: What Now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1YcViDGO28
While I was watching the video I just had an overwhelming sense of gratitude for Ryan's orphanage and the care takers there. I am thankful for this change in my heart and in my thinking. I am thankful that he is there, in an orphanage, and that he is NOT homeless and living on the streets all alone, NOT abandoned in a field somewhere, NOT thrown out in a garbage dump. He has been found, he is known, he is cared for (as best as he can be, with the knowledge, information, experience, staff, and funding that they have). He is loved by people all over the world. People are praying for him daily. And we are praying for him to come home, to be our son, to be a part of our family and our extended family, to be in our neighborhood, to get the medical care he needs, to belong in our circle of friends, to be in our Christian fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ...to be LOVED.
There ARE kids in those circumstances for which I am grateful that Ryan is not...Lord, move us to action and then comfort our hearts.
The verse that keeps coming to my mind is, "Give thanks in all circumstances..." from 1 Thessalonians 5:18. The rest of the verse is "for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." I don't fully understand what that second part means, but so far God's ways for my life have been better that I could have ever hoped for or imagined, so I will continue to practice trusting Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment