Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Songs

Here are three songs that I listen to a lot right now.  All three songs have links attached in this blog so that you can easily listen to them. 

The first song "SAFE" is very meaningful to me.  I heard about it from one of the women whom God connected us with, who has cared for Ryan in his Eastern European orphanage.  She wrote: 

"Back when I was volunteering at the orphanage, one of my favorite things to do was sing to the kids. More than just singing to them, I loved to sing words of hope and truth over them. I had a sort of repertoire of songs that I would sing and as I sang my prayer would be that, despite the language barrier, they would understand the meaning of those words in the depths of their soul and that they would fill them with strength, hope and peace. For some of my kids I had a special song that belonged to them. Although I might sing that same song to the other kids as well, it had a special meaning for the child it belonged to, words that captured the truths I so desperately wanted them to know, and I sang it over them as often as I could."

When I asked her if she has a special song for Ryan, she continued,

"It was Safe, by Phil Wickham.   I would sing that song over him all the time and pray that God's presence would be tangible to him as He held him in His arms and that He would send His angels to guard and protect him from everything around him. That continues to be my prayer. I cannot wait until Ryan is safe not only in the Father's arms but in yours as well."

(If you go to click on the song title- it will underline, then click on it and a new window will open up so you can hear the song on Youtube.)


I love hearing it and singing it.  I also think not only about his earthly home (Lord willing with us) but also his heavenly home where God is preparing a place for him and myself, and all of those who accept God's mercy and forgiveness through Christ's death.   I love the lines about "Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"..and "Have you heard of the one...who can pull the lame up to their feet."  So perfect for Ryan, with his heart condition and his inability to walk.  Wow, songs can sure be powerful.

Here are two other songs that remind me of Ryan, esp. when I tweak the words in my head to fit our situation.

One is Find Me, by Selyne Maia...but it is more like "Till the day we find you or hold you" or something like that...and of course with other lyrical changes.  It is hard to find songs that fit just right.


And another is from Fernando Ortega, called "If You Were Mine," from the album "This Bright Hour".


It wasn't until this posting that I found out that Fernando wrote this song after he and his wife Margee had attempted to adopt a child, and after the long process it was unable to be completed.  Praying this doesn't fit our situation too closely after all.  But, I am thankful that God is the God of all comfort and if our hearts get broken (and in this world there is no promise that they won't and in fact the Bible makes it clear that we will suffer and experience hurt)...He will be there to comfort me.   

If there are other songs that you think I would like, please pass them along! I love to hear new music.

Thanks for listening, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment