We have our travel dates, our plane tickets and just about every thing else is unknown and out of our control. This is (just another time) when I start freaking out; when my anxiety kicks in, my thoughts run wild, and fears start to form. There is a lot to do (pack, dr appts, papers for the girls schooling, clean, friends to spend time with, a marriage to be maintained, three precious kids to care for who have questions I can't answer...and the list goes on and on. Actually, I now have a list of things that I write down that won't get done.
Last night Chris and I prayed about this, and "this" really is my sin- not trusting that God is good, or powerful, or in control. And He is-all 3! More loving and gracious than I can imagine. In my autonomy and self sufficiency, I don't listen to Him and so last night I prayed that He would help me listen.
Early this morning, when my anxiety woke me up, He spoke these tender words to me:
"For He will deliver the needy when he cries for help, the afflicted also, and him who has no helper. He will have compassion on the poor and needy, and the lives of the needy He will save. He will rescue their life from opression and violence, and their blood will be precious in His sight...
Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone works wonders. And blessed be His glorious name forever; and may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen, and Amen."
Psalm 72:12-14, 18 and 19
I was going to continue working through Gospel Transformation, and was supposed to read Psalm 73 for my lesson, but God allowed me to see the Bible page before, and His Word came alive to transform and comfort me. Praise His name!
Reminds me of a song...
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
- "Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
© 1923. Ren. 1951 Hope Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL 60188
www.hopepublishing.com
www.hopepublishing.com
So excited!!!!! :D
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Praise the Lord! One step at a time...more than that we just can't handle. Trust Him for the next 60 seconds...just the next 60 seconds! Love you guys so much! So happy! So nervous for you...oops, we were going to trust, right? Simply, Jesus loves you and I do too!
ReplyDeleteWe saw your husband, Chris, at the Secretary of State's office on 5/4 around the time of closing. We felt so bad because we knew you didn't get your USCIS paperwork that day. We were in the dossier crunch too at the time. Praise GOD that everything worked out...and it looks like you are traveling soon! Yay! Excited to follow your process. (I had tried to look at your blog earlier but it was still closed down, so I was reminded to try to look at it again today, and it was up) :)
ReplyDelete