May 10, 2012 - J
These last few weeks have been
incredibly difficult for me emotionally. I think this is pretty common for the typical adoption process. I just wish that knowing that would make the feelings seem less real or permanent or something, but still they come and go...
There have been a lot of unknowns, setbacks, and disappointments with
our paper work, the adoption process, and fundraising efforts. And mixed in with those not so nice feelings-
joys, excitement, and progress in those same categories- my feelings have been all over the
place. Obviously all of these things are
much more complex than I am, the outcomes are out of my control, and the
timeline for this adoption process is unable to be nailed down.
But, here is
one amazing, amazing thing! I just want
to shout! There is a song I used to sing when I was little, “I will rejoice for
He has made me glad” and I cannot stop singing that song today!
The quick
good news is that we were given our USCIS approval today, on May 1, 2012- which
is the US government’s approval for Chris and I to adopt internationally and
for Ryan, that when he is adopted and brought to American soil he will be our
son, and an American citizen. WOW! This is huge and a much needed encouragement! Glad to celebrate this milestone with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment